Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Wednesday November 27, 2019 at 12:13 PM

At the time the Western Buicks came out, they were really very nice. They are white metal, so similar to earlier Brooklins, they are a little heavy looking. The resin GLM models have a more whimsical (is that a word?) look and character. I especially like the headlights on the GLM. The GLM is a nicer model, but it was manufactured at a later time, with a little more technical know how. I'm happy to have them both. I actually have 6 different Western '41 Buicks. I also have the Brooklin Roadmaster Convertible Sedan, which is an improvement over the Western models, and may be on par with the GLM.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Comparison: WMCE 1941 Buick Special Estate wagon and GLM'S 1941 Roadmaster Convertible (pics) by BenD Lampson #26824
(Pics) When I see pictures of the originals, I think you're right... by Ralf Buyer #26824.1
1941 Buicks by Western & GLM by Raymond Paszkiewicz #26824.1.1
The grill on the GLM Buick looks to squatty to me when compared to by Ken Spear #26824.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone