Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Harvey Goranson
Posted On: Wednesday November 27, 2019 at 10:01 PM

Spark S3114 McLaren GT, a DNQ from Le Mans 1981 (PICs).
The model says it's an M6B, but I've also seen it described as M6B GT, or as an M12. Despite the names on the sides, Michel Elkoubi was slated to drive instead of P. Canary. Long time collectors may recognize that name - besides racing Lolas at Le Mans a few times, Michel is a well known collector and builder of 1:43 racing cars. His collection of LM entrants was displayed at the LM museum (maybe it still is). Some of you may even still have one of his MRE resin models.

Also, above the rear fenders you will note the familiar AMR sticker of Andre Marie Ruf. But I don't remember an AMR white metal kit of this car.

Finally, Spark's model prototype photos (used by many dealers) show window "glass" on the left side of the car. But the actual model has none. I contacted Spark and they assured me the model is correct as delivered - and included photos of the real car to back that up.

I wish I could have seen (and heard) the Chevy-engined beast run that day. At least a Camaro made an all-too-brief appearance.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Spark S3114 McLaren GT, a DNQ from Le Mans 1981 (PICs). by Harvey Goranson #26828
Nice model. Love the background story! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #26828.1Zone Diplomat
That is one beautiful race car. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #26828.1.1
Looks very cool. This is an area I don't collect, but I love looking at them. (EOM) by John Merritt #26828.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone