Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Randall Olson
Posted On: Sunday December 1, 2019 at 4:59 PM

PIX - Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends and to Pontiac Oldsmobile lovers
Although there were Chevrolet-Oldsmobile dealers and Cadillac-Oldsmobile dealers, I have not seen a Pontiac-Oldsmobile dealer......until now.

To my recently posted diorama of a 1950 agency, I have added a Pontiac sign and full interiors:

- a wistful service manager:

- a young couple eyeing a new Chieftain Super DeLuxe Catalina ragtop (she is not sure whether she wants a dark coloured convertible that's too hot in the summer)
- a confident salesman (these prospects have left their overcoats in his office to have a quick second look at the car. Maybe a lighter interior shade will be ok in the sun):

- a businessman making his way out of the bar next door. After all, this is the Fifties with bars and gas stations seemingly on every corner in some parts of town. The photo is a little blurry, but so is the businessman:

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIX - Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends and to Pontiac Oldsmobile lovers by Randall Olson #26850
Very realistic diorama's . I like to do dioramas, It gives more fun to the collection. (EOM) by Jacques Roest #26850.1
looking good! I really like your use of indoor lighting. Very realistic! (EOM) by David Holcombe #26850.2
Randall, thanks for posting these pictures, since regardless of being by Alex Taylor #26850.3
PICS - Motor City USA Oldsmobiles, Pontiacs and Chevrolets white metal and resin by Randall Olson #26850.4
And one more Oldmobile by John Quilter #26850.4.1
PIC - John, ever resourceful. There is a rare '50 Olds wagon out there too.... by Randall Olson #26850.4.1.1
I was one of that group but found someone who wanted it more than I did. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #26850.4.1.1.1
Harvey, what colour was your Olds? (EOM) by Randall Olson #26850.4.1.1.1.1
The same Praline Brown. This was the first color. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #26850.4.1.1.1.1.1
He did a good job on that one. Never knew it existed. by John Quilter #26850.4.1.1.2
There are some who would disagree with that assessment. Especially at a $400 price point. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #26850.4.1.1.2.1
This and his 54 Cadillac were less refined "artisan" quality. If you can get a nice 53 Cadillac by Randall Olson #26850.4.1.1.2.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone