Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Clifford Read
Posted On: Wednesday January 1, 2020 at 4:34 PM

(PICS) 1954 Autocar DC100T tractor with our added semi trailer

This beautifully proportioned and exceptionally well detailed '54 Autocar with integral sleeper was recently released by Fire Replicas in 1/50 scale.
Although the model is gorgeously presented by Fire Replicas as a tractor only in an acrylic display case, my brother and I immediately collaborated on the addition of an appropriate early '50s semi trailer by modifying a Matchbox diecast single axle trailer from a couple of decades ago. We added a tandem axle rear bogey and a detailed '50s style landing gear arrangement, along with completely refinishing the trailer in a similar color scheme as the tractor. This setup of a 28' to 30' tandem axle (set forward slightly) trailer with a single rear axle tractor was the standard east coast arrangement for eastern style 'big-rigs' in the mid '50s. The fairly short trailers facilitated the tight manoeuvring into the mostly urban depots, etc. located in the north-eastern states.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(PICS) 1954 Autocar DC100T tractor with our added semi trailer by Clifford Read #27068
Good work! I like the idea of cannibalizing older used stuff into a modern rendition. by David Holcombe #27068.1
Great job of matching the trailer to the tractor! I don't by Ken Smith #27068.1.1
That is one beautiful rig. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #27068.2
Fire Replicas by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27068.3
Exceptionally well done! (EOM) by Lou Petrucci #27068.4
Excellent - thanks for posting. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #27068.5
Hi. Where did you find the acrylic case? by Jay Golan #27068.6
This one is approximately 14" X 3.5" X 3.5" inside dimentions...... by Clifford Read #27068.6.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone