Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Curtis Parisi
Posted On: Thursday January 2, 2020 at 12:30 PM

The Pontiacs had color tops to match the body. Fords had a brown color top
originally in the forties. Black was used with some cars. You see black tops on most "restored cars" because the correct material is not available in colors. If restorers would do a little research they could vinyl dye the tops for the color that certain cars would have come with. A good friend that restored concours woodies of all makes for 35 years would do this.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICs - From My Collection - '48 Pontiac by John Merritt #27071
Fine models, and I really like your b&w picture. I'm going to try one of those soon. (EOM) by David Holcombe #27071.1
+1 (EOM) by Jacques Roest #27071.2
+2. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #27071.2.1
Outstanding photos, John, but they raise a question. I have the original by Rick Thompson #27071.3
Nothing definitive but a quick Google search reveals by John Kuvakas #27071.3.1Zone Diplomat
Rick, I looked up original sales brochures and found a red by Bob Jackman #27071.3.2
Thanks, Bob and John. I don't have the '48 brochure (I checked) so by Rick Thompson #27071.3.2.1
The Conquest Plymouth was issued with black tops. Then someone noted that.... by Harvey Goranson #27071.3.2.1.1
The Pontiacs had color tops to match the body. Fords had a brown color top by Curtis Parisi #27071.3.3
On the S.F.B.B.C. BRK 95 1948 Buick Roadmaster in pale yellow, by Michel Lemieux #27071.3.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone