Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Saturday January 4, 2020 at 10:44 PM

John, I don't believe Graham and Reo shared mechanics, although they were similar to one another. The A-6 Reo was a 90 HP six, displacing 228CID, with 7 main bearings, and rode on a 115" wheelbase. They sold poorly in 1936 and that ended their passenger car production.
The Graham Cavalier had a supercharged 217.8 CID six and also rode on a 115" WB. They used this body style for 2 years, 1936 and '37. In 1938, they brought out the very controversial "Spirit of Motion", also picked up the nickname "Sjarknose". This car has always been a favorite of mine and I have the Brooklin version of the coupe and the NEO 4 door sedan. Unfortunately they sold poorly and production ended in 1940. There was one more Graham before production ended forever, like Reo. A reworked Cord Westchester sedan body, on a Graham chassis, and called it the Hollywood. Hupmobile shared the body, and called it the Skylark. So much handwork was needed to put these cars into production, that nobody made any money, and the public was not buying. This is just a brief history.

1938 Graham "Spirit of Motion" sharknose sedan.

1940 Graham Hollywood Convertible

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1936 Reo-Graham connection by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27081
That's a very valid observation about the shared bodies. Pretty interesting circumstances. (EOM) by Mike DeTorrice #27081.1
So to see, only the radiator/grille are different. On the Graham is the grille in 2 pieces. (EOM) by Jacques Roest #27081.2
I think the bumpers are different as well. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #27081.2.1
Good information! I should avoid such sweeping statements. I have a couple of Grahams, too. (pics) by David Holcombe #27081.4
Did they share engines too Ray? Over here we had the Lammas-Graham... by John Roberts #27081.5
Reply John Roberts, Graham & Reo by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27081.5.1
Thanks Ray, much appreciated (EOM) by John Roberts #27081.5.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone