Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Randy Rusk
Posted On: Sunday January 12, 2020 at 3:05 PM

I've been in this hobby for more than 40 years. At first it was as a kid spending chores and lawn mowing money on Matchbox Models of Yesteryear. Over the years it's grown from there.

But throughout all that time, various makers have marketed their models as "limited editions". Now, for most of the time I've collected, that term was, to put it kindly, very loosely applied. I think Matchbox, Mattel and others meant limited in the sense of "limited by how many we sell to collectors".

So it was very refreshing today as I was logging in my latest purchases to just ponder how truly limited my Goldvarg models are. There, handwritten on the gold label of my Rio red 1948 Pontiac Streamlined Woodie, it says: Limited Edition 082 of 200 units Worldwide.

Think about that. Just 200 of these beauties will ever be available FOR THE ENTIRE WORLDWIDE COLLECTING AUDIENCE. Heck, it's likely I know half of the 200 who bought one. And all that lovely detail for under $100.

I won't question how Sergio does it (and I hope he makes enough for it to be worthwhile) but I'm appreciative of how seriously he takes that term "limited edition". Thank you!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Thoughts on limited edition by Randy Rusk #27117
That is probably why I like 1 of 1's ? (EOM) by Randy Bahler #27117.1
Good point, Randy. The LE term also has different connotations in other scales and materials used by John Kuvakas #27117.2Zone Diplomat
The Matrix' I have are 1of 408 and the GLMs are 1 of 299. by Mark Lampariello #27117.3
Limited Editions by Fitzgerald Ireland #27117.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone