Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Kuliak
Posted On: Sunday January 12, 2020 at 5:37 PM

I was fortunate to get a (thrill) ride in a 1/1 Ferrari 250 GTO about 25 years ago. The upholstery was that very shade of blue.

If you look at color photos of Ferrari sports racers from that period, that color upholstery seems to have been used in most of them in period.

The 1/1 GTO I rode in had bare metal everywhere except the seats and the dash. Why carry extra weight in a race car?

So I would imagine whoever chopped the top on the version Randy has must have felt the need to cover some of that bare metal with some more blue fabric or perhaps matching paint, since the interior is now so visible.

Oh yeah...I will never forget the howl of that V-12 engine as the owner floored the throttle. There is no sound deadening material in a racing car!

No wonder Herbert von Karajan loved his V-12 Ferraris.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICS: New Ferrari addition. by Randy Bahler #27116
Those are good looking models! (EOM) by Lou Petrucci #27116.1
Randy - Beautiful pair of Ferraris - I just don't by Ken Smith #27116.2
Blue interior by John Kuliak #27116.2.1
A friend of mine who owns a 250 GTO and who has judged by Bob Jackman #27116.2.1.1
The blue was a corduroy material, and appeared on many of the late 1950s-early 1960s Ferrari racers by Harvey Goranson #27116.2.1.1.1
Yesterday?? You are quite indeed a quick builder!! (EOM) by Mark Lampariello #27116.3
Ferrari Confession : I know this is wrong on many levels, but............ by Randy Bahler #27116.3.1
No! Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Lie down till the feeling passes. (EOM) by Mark Lampariello #27116.3.1.1
But you do not understand DOC I have been having these thoughts for months . (EOM) by Randy Bahler #27116.3.1.1.1
I think you have a new strain of the flu and are delirious! LOL (EOM) by Curtis Parisi #27116.3.1.1.1.1
Just for you, Randy - those with a weak heart, don't...*PIX* by David Palmeter #27116.3.1.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone