Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Mike Coupe
Posted On: Friday January 17, 2020 at 7:20 PM

Has the way Paypal operates with payments for models sent to the US changed?
I have noticed that in the two most recent transactions to the US, not only have Paypal shown the price of the model, and postage as normal, but there was also the addition of VAT, payable by the buyer. Is this a new procedure, i.e. are Paypal now required to collect the VAT on imported models on behalf of US Customs and Excise? This does happen in the UK, but I pay the courier before its delivered to me. Has this happened to anyone who has bought a model from the UK, or indeed, anywhere else? I'm just curious.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Has the way Paypal operates with payments for models sent to the US changed? by Mike Coupe #27139
Just purchased a model from the UK...none of that on my payment screen. (EOM) by Lloyd Mecca #27139.1
+ 1 (EOM) by Shel Platt #27139.1.1
Purchasing from the UK in the USA by John Quilter #27139.1.2
I have noticed that Amazon and others now add state sales tax (our VAT), but it is... by Karl Schnelle #27139.2
Also with Amazon now in a number of states they have to charge taxes for customers in that state by Tom Ciryak #27139.2.1
Is that how that works? (EOM) by John Kuvakas #27139.2.1.1Zone Diplomat
It started for me a number of years ago when I ordered from Rockler. Once they opened a store by Tom Ciryak #27139.2.1.1.1
Amazon and eBay are now collecting sales tax by John Kuliak #27139.2.1.2
Indiana does the same thing; state laws apply so IN started this last year... (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #27139.2.1.2.1
Ebay also charges state tax on shipping now ! That doesn't seem right. What's by Miles Germain #27139.2.2
Depends on the state. None for TN (for now). (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #27139.2.2.1
Mike - Please email me at by Ken Smith #27139.3
Ebay tax info...From eBay... by Lloyd Mecca #27139.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone