Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Knight
Posted On: Tuesday January 21, 2020 at 11:56 PM

Pics: Curtis, what an incredible post! Wonderful story as well.
Your post should be forwarded to Eric Breslow, president of TACA (Tucker Automobile Club of America). They have a publication called “Tucker Topics” published several times a year. That’s really interesting stuff you have posted.

An interesting footnote; that yellow Tucker pictured by my guess is #1041 which came off the actual assembly line painted black and was fitted with black tires. It was at some point repainted yellow and white walls were fitted. It spent much of its life in that guise until sometime not too long ago it was restored to its factory condition, black with black tires. A documentary video on YouTube tells the story.
(I have tried to post the YouTube video from my iPhone but it doesn’t work. Perhaps John Kuvakas can come to our aid. It’s an interesting story of #1041.)

Brooklin’s latest Tucker in Black fitted with black tires to replicate #1041 as it is after restoration

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics: With all the attention to Tuckers lately I finally ordered a Waltz Blue one. by Curtis Parisi #27155
What a great story and photos! (EOM) by Ed Glorius #27155.1
Great post Curtis! I just ordered the black one to complete my BRK 222 set. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #27155.2
There are stars among us! What a great story, Curtis! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #27155.3
Tucker movie pics by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27155.3.1
Wow, A star among us. Thanks for sharing this with us Curtis. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #27155.4
That was a great experience Curtis. And Mrs Tucker preferred the by Don Anderson #27155.5
Fascinating pictures and backstory ! (EOM) by Mike DeTorrice #27155.6
Interesting story Curtis - Thanks for sharing. (EOM) by Ken Smith #27155.6.1
I love the history and the movie ! Thanks so much for sharing with us. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #27155.6.1.1
Best story and history lesson ever posted on forum 43. by Shel Platt #27155.7
Awesome! Did they let you keep the suits and hat? (EOM) by Randall Olson #27155.8
No, I didn't get to keep the suit and hat. I did make off with the Illinois license plate that by Curtis Parisi #27155.8.1
Pics: Curtis, what an incredible post! Wonderful story as well. by David Knight #27155.9
Here y'ar, matey! by John Kuvakas #27155.9.1
Thanks, John! (EOM) by David Knight #27155.9.1.1
Pic: Curtis, you certainly were a dapper dude in those pictures. by David Knight #27155.10
Thank you all for all the positive comments! (EOM) by Curtis Parisi #27155.11

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone