Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Richard Nosker
Posted On: Wednesday January 22, 2020 at 8:31 PM

My only memory is from a full-page ad in the Omaha newspaper.
As a young car guy, I was blown away. A headlight that steered with the car? Huge space in the passenger compartment? Amazing safety features? Air cooled engine? I asked my Dad what this meant, & he explained that more competition and new technology was being sought in the Post-WWII economy. The Tucker offered so much & was still pretty practical. It certainly didn't have the deep pockets of Kaiser Aluminum, but what it did offer was what the US government should have been excited about.
(Thinking of the valuation of car companies, I see that Tesla's valuation is now exceeded only by Toyota!)

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Tucker '48 at the AACA Museum by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27152
Incredible pictures, Raymond. It’s a beautiful display there in Hershey. by David Knight #27152.1
Thanks for sharing your experience Ray. I really love seeing by Bob Jackman #27152.2
Ray, Al, John, and David. Thanks for sharing your stories, pix/vids of this exceptional automobile. by Randall Olson #27152.4
My only memory is from a full-page ad in the Omaha newspaper. by Richard Nosker #27152.5

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone