Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Harvey Goranson
Posted On: Wednesday January 22, 2020 at 9:53 PM

You never know what you might find on a cruise ship (pics).
Just got back from two weeks in the Caribbean aboard the Nieuw Statendam, Holland America's newest ship (for now). One of the things about HAI's ships is that they are big into objects d'art aboard, especially on stair landings and elevator lobbies. There were a lot of unusual collages on board, like this one:

I looked closer and saw this:

That's the 1952 Mercedes 300SL from the Carrera Panamerica! Can't tell who made it, certainly a lower-priced maker (Minichamps/Max Models made the #3 car). A further look showed this:

This one strikes me as a Renault F1 car from the early 1980s, perhaps an RE30B.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

You never know what you might find on a cruise ship (pics). by Harvey Goranson #27162
Pics: Harvey, here some more art on HAL's MS Rotterdan V by Jacques Roest #27162.1
Just last night I returned from two weeks aboard Holland American's oldest ship, the VEENDAM. (pic) by David Holcombe #27162.2
Was that pic of the ship taken in St Maarten? (EOM) by Tom Ciryak #27162.2.1
David, You are right MS Veendam is 0ne year older.. And maybe the smallest in the fleet (EOM) by Jacques Roest #27162.2.2
We crossed paths with one or two other HAL ships, don't remember the Veendam. by Harvey Goranson #27162.2.3
I don't think so. We had a fine time, good food, lots of fun. by David Holcombe #27162.2.3.1
MB Model is a hongwell from their cararma range I believe (EOM) by Marius Woolley #27162.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone