Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Harvey Goranson
Posted On: Saturday January 25, 2020 at 7:58 AM

Once the [Paris] show was completed, the car was taken back to Pininfarina. At first the car was displayed with a cut off roof line and a backward slanting rear window. The next year the car was given a large wrap-around rear window, making the roof line more fluent. The Rondine remained at Pininfarina's for the next 45 years, rarely being shown and rarely being used. During that time, it covered approximately 3,000 miles and was never painted, never reupholstered and never altered in any way, except for the rear window.

Car sold at auction to a private collector in 2008 for $1.6M. Pininfarina used rear design elements for the Fiat 124 coupe. I used to own the Mebetoys diecast, which had the same rear greenhouse as my Matrix.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

And here are some for Chevy lovers too. And these may not be by Don Anderson #27166
Here's the Rondine with original rear window. by Harvey Goranson #27166.1
Now this makes us ask which came first, the big window or the little by Don Anderson #27166.1.1
I found this. by Harvey Goranson #27166.1.1.1
So your story says it originally had the flat reverse angle window. by Don Anderson #27166.1.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone