Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: carl parrish
Posted On: Saturday January 25, 2020 at 9:34 AM

Seeing as this BMW is one of the most beautiful cars ever made, it seems to have been badly neglected in 1/43. Just noticed Schuco did one so snapped it up recently. Overall I really like this model, the 'on its haunches' stance seems just right at the front. Something is not quite right at the back; I thought it looked too stubby but I think the culprit is the hardtop, it comes back too far and overlaps the trunk's edge. Shame as the hardtop is prettier in my eyes than the convertible.

I've stuck some German plates on and swapped the slightly tall and narrow tyres (they were a bit bicycle-like) with some black ones from, would you believe, a Starline Alfa 2000 Berlina.

Infinitely better than the Minichamps very poor effort

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Schuco BMW 507 by carl parrish #27170
Goodlooking model! (And I like your tires, too.) (EOM) by David Holcombe #27170.1
Beautiful BMW, Carl. Very nice paint finish. Schuco has done some very nice models over the years. (EOM) by David Knight #27170.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone