Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Randall Olson
Posted On: Friday January 31, 2020 at 10:08 AM

Randy is correct, it is PMI. Issued in 1979 and mastered by Dick Armbruster,
who made the patterns for many PMI, Motor City and Durham Classics models, more than 1500 of these litle Hudsons found their way as kits and built-ups to hobbyists. This is an important model to me because it was key to the start of built-up models that so many of us on this Forum and throughout the World have embraced. In my book, "Independents in Miniature" I devote a few pages to this particular car and include some anecdotes and descriptions from the builders themselves. What an exciting time this must have been to be there during this important stage in the development of our hobby.

David H. and others may recall that this large side trim piece missing on this kit-built model was an applique?

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Hey, 1/43 'merican car experts! Two questions... Plymouth/Hudson by Karl Schnelle #27208
The Hudson Hornet is by Precision Miniatures I believe. (EOM) by Randy Bahler #27208.1
David H did one 2 years ago - hood ornament and side flash look different? link by Karl Schnelle #27208.1.1
Randy is correct, it is PMI. Issued in 1979 and mastered by Dick Armbruster, by Randall Olson #27208.1.1.1
Great stuff - thanks for reading and replying to my stoopid questions!!! (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #27208.1.1.1.1
Randy is correct it is a PM model that was redone. (EOM) by Shel Platt #27208.1.2
The Plymouth by Western Models (EOM) by Jacques Roest #27208.2
I was more curious if Western left off their name from the baseplate on many of their models? Or ... by Karl Schnelle #27208.2.1
Hi, Karl. Western typically put their "WM" logo on the baseplate ot their by Randall Olson #27208.2.1.1
Thanks - the paint looks geat on this so it was factory or pro-built, I think! by Karl Schnelle #27208.2.1.1.1
Factory-built is my guess. I answered the last part of your question above while by Randall Olson #27208.2.1.1.1.1
Recently got a '60 Chrysler 300F by Western by John Quilter #27208.2.1.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone