Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Ken Smith
Posted On: Saturday February 1, 2020 at 7:13 PM

Don - Amazing that you would post this, as I was doing some research
on the NASCAR Tucker just this past Friday. The opinion on the info that I located was that the car was the stock Tucker Gray color. The car apparently only ran (or attempted to compete) on two occasions. Driven by Joe Merola, from Braddock, PA. On May 30th at the 1950 Poor Man's 500 at Canfield Speedway in Ohio. Apparently broke an axle on the pace lap, as is listed as completing 0 laps due to axle, and finished 29th out of 29 starters. Second attempt was on July 9th, 1950 at the Miami County Fairgrounds, near Rochester New York. At that race they apparently broke an axle once again in practice, and never qualified.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Eight Tuckers - I think I'm done. by Harvey Goranson #27212
You have 44 more to go. (EOM) by Brian Cox #27212.1
Great picture, Harvey, and you have one of everything Tucker did by David Knight #27212.2
....hmm, I see 7 Tuckers (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #27212.3
Gorgeous!! I have the beige (EOM) by Keko Romero #27212.4
There's been discussion on the BCC facebook page about what other Tuckers could be made. by Harvey Goranson #27212.5
Harv, Interesting you show this race looking car. I have some 1/32 decals of this by Don Anderson #27212.5.1
This was for a slot car, right Don? by Harvey Goranson #27212.5.1.1
Don - Amazing that you would post this, as I was doing some research by Ken Smith #27212.5.1.2
Thanks for that. I think I had heard that once years ago. And I think by Don Anderson #27212.5.1.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone