Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Knight
Posted On: Saturday February 1, 2020 at 11:06 PM

Don, I remember Nostalgic Miniatures. It was a project of a guy named Bob Brennan
and his mail order business was out of a basement in a warehouse in Westborough, Massachusetts where we lived from ‘72-‘78. It was called MTI (Miniature Toys Inc.) He also developed his own white metal cars in 1:43. At one point he wanted to produce a series of VW Beetles in white metal and I was helping with some research on model year changes. This was back in the mid to late 1970’s. We moved to Virginia in 1978 and I continued ordering cars from him for a while. Then one day we stopped in Westborough and his business was gone and the place was boarded up. It was through dealing with Bob Brennan that my collecting 1:43 cars really started. Saw my first Brooklin Model on a shelf in his warehouse. It sold for the astronomical price of $35! Too pricey for me supporting a wife and four small sons. Brooklin’s would have to come later. Don’t know what ever became of Bob Brennan and his Nostalgic Miniatures. Does anybody know?

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Does anyone remember Nostalgic Miniatures from Massachusetts? by Don Anderson #27218
Pics would make it easier.....? (EOM) by BenD Lampson #27218.1
Many are on ebay now and also hobbyDB has a few with... by Karl Schnelle #27218.2
(PIC) According to Gurski's book, Cadillac Models and Toys, NM made a '34 LaSalle... by Lloyd Mecca #27218.3
I have the 53 Buick Skylark and 36 Ford roadster from Nostalgic Miniatures. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #27218.4
Nostalgic Miniatures by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27218.4.1
Don, I remember Nostalgic Miniatures. It was a project of a guy named Bob Brennan by David Knight #27218.5
I just tracked it down here. I have a Corvette Sting Ray Roadster. by Don Anderson #27218.5.1
Is it this one, or did they make 2? ... by Karl Schnelle #27218.5.1.1
David, good information. I bought my first Brooklin from Bob, by Bob Jackman #27218.5.2
I used to buy from him too - got a few old MTI catalogs someplace. by Harvey Goranson #27218.5.3
Pic: The only Nostagic in my collection is a 1930 Ford. Scale must be about 1:55 by Jacques Roest #27218.6
Perfect model to add to hobbyDB - could I use your photos there, Jacques? (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #27218.6.1
Karl, your pic is of a production car. This model is the 1959 Sting Ray by Don Anderson #27218.6.1.1
Very cool! (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #27218.6.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone