Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Tuesday February 4, 2020 at 11:30 AM

This would be a possibility for GLM to produce, because they already have most of the dimensions from the cowl back. This same body was used for the 1941 Cadillac Series 62, already produced, plus the Oldsmobile 98, the Buick Super and Roadmaster. The same is true for the Convertible coupe, of which the Cadillac has already been done.
I spoke with GLM regarding the only three body styles for the 1941 Cadillac that hadn't been done, taking into account, what I did a few years ago (Victory Models), plus their current models, and that is the Series 61 4 dr fastback sedan, Series 67 Limousine, and Series 62 4 window sedan.
They are going to make the 1942 Cadillac Sixty Special, very limited (possibly only one) Town Car, and the Series 67 Limousine.
The same thing would apply to 1941 Oldsmobile, Buick Super and Roadmaster 4 window sedans. The Buick Limited and Cadillac Series 67 use the same body, plus the Cadillac Series 61, Buick Special & Century, and Oldsmobile Series 76,78 are the same.
My point is, there is much interchange between GM bodies for various models to be made. I, for one, would welcome these cars.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1941 Western Oldsmobile in Rich Pendleton's post below by John Quilter #27245
4-door convertible sedans have always been a favorite bodystyle for me. (EOM) by Brian Cox #27245.1
Convertible sedans are the bomb! I would adore the last year example of all of the GM cars. by David Crowe #27245.1.1
I agree! Of course, these are also drafty, leady, and squeaky, but nothing by David Holcombe #27245.1.1.1
Either one would make a great model. (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #27245.2
1941 GM Convertible sedans by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27245.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone