Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Rich Pendleton
Posted On: Tuesday February 4, 2020 at 2:09 PM

This one has a story behind it. I built it way back when this model first came out and sold it at a show in Pa. This was back when I used to bake the models in the oven after painting. You have to be very careful. When it gets to a certain temperature the paint will suddenly smooth out like glass but it's very easy to ruin it. And it doesn't always happen at the same temperature. I use clearcoat now and polish the paint if I have to.

I liked this Caddy and was always kind of sorry I hadn't kept it. Then a year or so ago I thought I spotted it on Ebay. I can usually recognize my work. It was dirty, missing parts, and needed a lot of TLC but it appeared the paint was still good. I got it for very little.

When I received it I saw that the paint was still perfect so I got the parts from Amanda and returned the model to it's original beauty. I'm happy to have it back.

When I originally built it I left the roof raw white metal and brushed it to resemble stainless steel. The chrome trim is all foiled, even around the windows. I also changed the tires and hand painted correct whitewalls as these cars came from the factory with narrow ones.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Brooklin 57 Eldorado custom build by Rich Pendleton #27250
What a treat to find it years later! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #27250.1
Wow! do you want to sell it again? :) (EOM) by BenD Lampson #27250.3
I was sorry I sold it the first time so don't plan on selling it again. I do sell occasionally by Rich Pendleton #27250.3.1
I can see why you are happy to have this beauty back in your collection. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #27250.3.1.1
Amazing job on the whitewalls, what's your technique? (EOM) by John Quilter #27250.4
How I do whitewalls by Rich Pendleton #27250.4.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone