Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Wednesday February 5, 2020 at 2:07 PM

I am very partial to Taxi's, and have, what I call a shrine, consisting of approximately 70 model cabs, driver's hats, badges, pins, ashtrays, calendars, Yellow Cab whistle, sales literature, postcards, blotters, photos, etc. Unfortunately, I cannot easily photograph the items, because they are kind of blocked in, and difficult to get to. I've shown a couple on this forum.
This fascination started when I was just a kid of around 10 or 11 years of age. Two of my uncle's were driving cabs, when they got out of serving in the Army, after WWII ended. They drove for Capitol Cab, in Trenton, NJ. The cars were all 1946 to 1948 Plymouths, and one 1941 Chevrolet. The first, with two way radio's.
In the summer, when school was out, my uncle picked me up after dinner, and I rode around with him all night in the front seat, He let me use the radio. I was in my element, picking up soldiers, at the train station, and dropping them at the best nightclubs to meet women. I got to know the city, like it was my backyard. Once in a while, I rode with a friend of my uncle's in the 1941 Chevy. It was so different in those days, and I'll never forget the great times I had.
Victory Checker A7

Hubley Cadillac

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A small sampling of 1/43 Taxis by Rich Pendleton #27258
Here's a Hubley Kiddietoy Packard taxi from the post-war years. (pic) by David Holcombe #27258.1
Nice!, I'll post my Hubley Realtoys taxi another time. by Rich Pendleton #27258.1.1
My Taxicab shrine by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27258.1.1.1
Great story (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #27258.1.1.1.1
My small contribution to this thread. by Harvey Goranson #27258.2
PICs Another small contribution... by Ralf Buyer #27258.2.1
Those are two I don't have. (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #27258.2.1.1
PICs Just four more cabs... by Ralf Buyer #27258.2.1.1.1
All very nice models (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #27258.2.1.1.1.1
All very nice models Ralf (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #27258.2.1.1.1.2
Don't you mean: "A large sampling of small 1/43 taxis!" Those are fantastic! (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #27258.3
And one from a long ways away, a Hindustan Ambassador by John Quilter #27258.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone