Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Graeme Ogg
Posted On: Wednesday February 5, 2020 at 3:33 PM

It's a problem which kind of irritates me now and again as well.
Sometimes, by the time someone gets around to contributing a useful addition (or an important correction) to a thread, it has scrolled so far down that a lot of people may never see it.

Almost every other online forum (on any topic) that I've ever looked at uses the alternative format where only the first contribution on any new topic is listed, and you then click on that to see the full thread. That gives a much more compact list of topics, which takes longer to fall off the edge of the world. (I see Forum 64 uses a version of that format, although I can't quite see how people can add to a thread).

On the other hand, that arrangement maybe does give things a more rigid, less "relaxed" feel. I think someone must have decided that the Legacy forum format gives the feeling of an on-going conversation - which is nice, except that it soon creates that "out of sight, out of mind" problem. Go away for a few days then try to catch up, and there is an AWFUL lot of scrolling through sub-sub-sub-posts to be done! Sometimes I just can't be bothered (and who knows what gems I may have missed!)

As someone has suggested, one answer for posting a late contribution to a thread is to do it as a brand new post and quote the number of the original post so that the reader can scroll down to remind themselves of the story so far.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Posts getting lost in the shuffle by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27260
Thanks, it was an important note. by Richard Nosker #27260.1
Yes I have noticed the problem since I joined and have been posting.. by Rich Pendleton #27260.2
It's a problem which kind of irritates me now and again as well. by Graeme Ogg #27260.2.1
I don't know about you guys, but on my computer.... by Harvey Goranson #27260.3
My text changes color too which does make it easier (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #27260.3.1
My PC used to do that colour change, but not any more for some reason. by Graeme Ogg #27260.3.2
Don't most folks scroll down to where they stopped and read up to get current? (EOM) by Lloyd Mecca #27260.4
My text also changes color. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #27260.4.1
And I'm out on the US west coast and I find much of the activity by John Quilter #27260.5

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone