Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Wednesday February 5, 2020 at 6:10 PM

You have jogged my memory about Jim Wieland. Wasn't he a friend of Bob Brennen's? It seems to me I connect those two together. Could be wrong. I remember him from Hasbrouck Heights Toy Show, in North Jersey. You are right, regarding him sleeping in his car. He went so far as to sell out of his trunk, so he wouldn't pay for a table at a show. I only saw that once or twice.
As far as I remember, he traveled all over Europe, or South America, buying odd ball toys, that no one else had. I never dealt with him. He had a lot of cheaper toys that I had no interest in.
I remember receiving these toy lists, you could hardly read, A thousand toys were squeezed into 3 sheets of paper. I had heard he would ship out damaged stuff and then give you a really hard time trying to return them. He would wear you down, so you would just give up. That is hearsay, it didn't happen to me. Please correct me, if I am wrong on any of this.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Does anyone remember Jim Wieland from Connecticut?? by Rich Pendleton #27259
I remember meeting him at the Toledo toy show. by Harvey Goranson #27259.1
Ed force used photos of many of my brother's and my models by Rich Pendleton #27259.1.1
Jim Wieland by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27259.2
Yes Jim and Bob were friendly. As I said in an by Rich Pendleton #27259.2.1
Yes, I remember him. Bought some Vilmer and Lion Cars from him. by Karl Schnelle #27259.3
I seem to recall.... by Skip Johnson #27259.3.1
That's the one Skip - good memory. Wonder whatever became of him? (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #27259.3.1.1
I remember too, now that Skip mentions it. (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #27259.3.1.1.1
Was this the fellow who used to publish and send out a newprint by John Quilter #27259.4
Yes he did (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #27259.4.1
Wow are you guys really sparking my memory cells. And not all by Don Anderson #27259.4.1.1
Don't know that name - (Jeff Bray, yep that was the large newsprint list guy!) (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #27259.4.1.1.1
Lynn Becker and Dean Criss (I think) ran Becker's Minature Autos. by Harvey Goranson #27259.4.1.1.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone