Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Friday February 7, 2020 at 11:17 AM

FORD MUSTANG MACH III, a completed Testors kit (pics)(+more)
This one has been great fun for the last several days! Assembling a twenty-years-old kit (copyright 2,000) gives me a new appreciation for nimble-fingered Chinese workers. Maybe I should have learned how to use chop sticks first!

In the early 1990s, the Mustang product development team was attempting to come up with a newly designed Mustang to mark the beginning of the Mustang’s fourth generation in 1994. The result was the 1992 Mach 3 concept car, which was noted for its low-cut windshield and two-seat interior. This vehicle also has a supercharged 4.6L V8 engine with a power capacity of 450 hp and a top speed of 180 mph.

While the low windshield and two seats have yet to be incorporated into a regular-production Mustang to this day, the Mach 3 was not a total loss. A number of Mach 3 design features were eventually included in the 1994 Mustang, such as the tri-bar headlamps, side scoops, and classic grille pony badge. And one Mach 3 model sold for a whopping $491,500 at Christie’s Auction at 2002!

While the original box art had trouble illustrating this unusual windshield, I think I see a resemblance to an earlier production.

This older kit had some imperfections in the paint, and it also has many very small parts. But they fit together quite well. Also, the wheels roll freely. I had fun with it!

(later) After seeing Jani's very clear Charger pictures, I tried a few more. Who says an old dog. . . .

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

FORD MUSTANG MACH III, a completed Testors kit (pics)(+more) by David Holcombe #27276
Nice! For 20 years old, looks very modern! I see some Porsche Boxster in there as well! (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #27276.1
Nice model, are there still testors on the Bay in the US (EOM) by Jacques Roest #27276.2
They show up at times. Right now I'm working on a Testors BMW M Roadster. (EOM) by David Holcombe #27276.2.1
Isn't this just the old Joueff/Eagle's Race diecast from 1995 or so? by Harvey Goranson #27276.3
Harvey, based on pictures of the Eagle's Race version, this one by David Holcombe #27276.3.1
I think they might be related more to New Rays? (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #27276.3.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone