Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Clifford Read
Posted On: Saturday February 8, 2020 at 2:24 PM

(PICS) '50 Chevrolet 2 ton truck...Getting rid of the 'bling'
I wanted a nice 1/43 example of the post-war Advance Design GM trucks, but without all the unnecessary accessories that White Box added, evidently for the South American toy market.
The vast majority of North American trucks in the late '40s and early '50s were simply commercial vehicles and I'll bet most of the chassis/cabs remained just as the manufacturer supplied them with a variety of unfancy, practical utility bodies added.
I painted out most of the upscale chrome trim, removed the sun-visor and large square mirrors, shortened the extended overhang on the stock 161" wheelbase, and replaced the South American style elongated stake body with a scratchbuilt basic NA type of simple stake/flatbed body

The truck as produced for WhiteBox (IXO).... well proportioned, but a bit over accesorized to be typical for the North American early post-war period.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(PICS) '50 Chevrolet 2 ton truck...Getting rid of the 'bling' by Clifford Read #27283
Excellent! (EOM) by Lloyd Mecca #27283.1
Fantastic!! (EOM) by Jacques Roest #27283.2
I like your work, Clifford. Well done! (EOM) by David Holcombe #27283.3
Clifford's Version by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27283.3.1
Wonderful as always, Clifford (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #27283.4
Very nicely done, the way they were! (EOM) by Curtis Parisi #27283.5
Very nicely done, Clifford, looks utilitarian as such a truck should. by David Knight #27283.6
Great job, far more realistic (EOM) by John Quilter #27283.7
Great Job. I have been looking at a green version of the Whitebox 6400 and could not bring myself to by J D Simmons #27283.8
Outstanding modifications, including bolts/nuts on front wheels! (EOM) by Ted Weller #27283.9

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone