Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Rich Pendleton
Posted On: Sunday February 9, 2020 at 2:41 PM

Pics--Auto Buff 1/43 white metal from the 80's
Here are a few old Auto Buff models. The 36, 40, and 48 Fords were copied (with variations) from the 1/43 AMT plastic kits (see some in the background). Some of them had metal bumpers and some came with the plastic bumpers right out of the AMT kits. The tires were identical to the kits too. I've used parts from the kits to restore a few of these.

The quality of the castings was not great, nor the paint jobs and build quality , but I think they looked right as far as accuracy.

I partially restored some of these and did some work on all of them to help the appearance.

They probably copied something for the 34? Fords and Coke vans too but I'm not sure what. They also made some Model A pickups and maybe other versions.

Though they are a bit crude by today's standards, they are a part of 1/43 history and I am happy to have them. I hope you enjoy seeing them.

The last 4 photos are a 40 Ford that I did a full restoration on.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics--Auto Buff 1/43 white metal from the 80's by Rich Pendleton #27287
Beautiful projects, Rich, and you did fine work with them. Well done! (EOM) by David Holcombe #27287.1
Thanks David (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #27287.1.1
Pics: AMT Ford 1936 and 1948, Was in the collection Auto Buff Ford 1948 by Jacques Roest #27287.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone