Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Thursday March 12, 2020 at 6:53 PM

Reviving a Precision Miniatures Hudson Hollywood (pics)

I have long been an admirer of the Hudson Hornet Hollywood series of 1953 and 1954, but never had the chance to own the 1:1. However, I also, some twenty-five years ago, missed my opportunity at one of the few 1:43 models beautifully done by Precision Miniatures.

And then, just a few weeks ago, I found this one:

No box and the base plate did not have the manufacturer's name; the person I bought it from told me that before hand, and also said it was a Precision Miniatures model. I turned to a favorite source for validation, Randall Olson's INDEPENDENTS IN MINIATURE.

There it was, exactly as produced, on page 39, the 1953 Hudson Hornet Hollywood in exactly the colors of my new purchase.

However, Randall's looked a lot better than mine . So I started.

First, a little research:

And the purchase of a parts car, a PM Hudson of a different year and body style, but with useful parts.

And then I had fun:

Most of my projects kind of get shuttled off. This one is going into my display area. Enjoy!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Reviving a Precision Miniatures Hudson Hollywood (pics) by David Holcombe #27528
Nice work David! (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #27528.1
+1. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #27528.1.1
Have a go at that green strip in the A-pillar with chrome foil or Molotow chrome. by David Crowe #27528.2
I really debated chroming those posts, but the windshield plastic by David Holcombe #27528.2.1
I like doing these restorations/rebuilds and you usually by John Quilter #27528.2.1.1
PM Hudson Gifts. by John Daniels #27528.2.1.1.1
Good one, John, and new to me! That side chrome varies (pics) with the year of by David Holcombe #27528.2.1.1.1.1
Hi David by John Daniels #27528.2.1.1.1.1.1
Good job, David. by Richard Nosker #27528.3
Great work David! Restored to perfection! (EOM) by John Roberts #27528.3.1
Great repair job and paint touch up (EOM) by Tom Ciryak #27528.4
That looks real good David. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #27528.4.1
Did you put the name and date on the inside? For the next restorer to find! (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #27528.5
Done! My name and date are hidden under the inside floorboard. by David Holcombe #27528.5.1
Beautiful restoration, David. It’s a great feeling to see a car come back to life. (EOM) by David Knight #27528.6
great Job, David (EOM) by Jacques Roest #27528.7
Fantastico David.... I enjoy all your posts and pics....keep them coming and thank you! (EOM) by BenD Lampson #27528.8

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone