Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Graeme Ogg
Posted On: Sunday March 15, 2020 at 12:09 PM

I may be wrong, but that seems to have been the standard 2dr side trim.
The brochure page you posted shows it as the side trim for the Windsor 2 door hardtop (the wide colour sweep was carried over from '57).

An online search for "1958 Chrysler Windsor" actually confuses things by including lots of images which are labelled as Windsors but are actually New Yorkers or Saratogas, which obviously had different trim. But there are enough pictures of 2 door Windsors with the Western Models side spear to suggest it was standard trim - at least until Chrysler freshened things up with the new "Dart Line" in the Spring, when the trim on at least some models was altered.

This brochure photo shows that even the 4 door '58 Windsor started life with the wide side sweep.

So it looks like Western accurately modelled the 2 door hardtop in the initial Windsor trim for 1958.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics : 1958 Chrysler Windsor by Western Models by Denis Auber #27546
I like this one! And I like most everything from Western Models. But this Chrysler paint (pics) by David Holcombe #27546.1
I may be wrong, but that seems to have been the standard 2dr side trim. by Graeme Ogg #27546.1.1
Thanks, Graeme. I didn't find that brochure and, sadly, my memory doesn't by David Holcombe #27546.1.1.1
Denis: I always enjoy looking at the fine detailing on your models. by Ken Spear #27546.2
Many thanks Ken (EOM) by Denis Auber #27546.2.1
Ever the modifier, I worked up one of these from a Western kit by John Quilter #27546.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone