Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Sunday March 15, 2020 at 7:55 PM

A 2,000 Corvette from Testors/Burago (and me). . . (pics)
C'mon guys. For me, a 2000 is practically rocket science! But for those who like their fun low to the ground and racing for the moon, here's a simple piece of fun.

After my last kit, this "Snaps together, Pre-painted, No glue" sounds great!

Ready to assemble, but only if you want solid black with a gray interior.

So I flipped to the back page of the directions: "Detailing, painting, washes, and dry-brushing." But take note: These directions were written in English.

Wheels before black wash

Notice the size of these brushes.

Really about finished. Well, the black slipped a little.
The small piece is the locking mechanism, the very last step. When it's inserted, the whold Corvette is locked into one rolling dream car. It doubles as the rear license place holder/ backup lights. The license tag is on order.

The Results:

Have you noticed the insignia decals? Those are little bitty things!

And so off we go! I'm wondering what's coming next, but the weather is starting to warm up and my wife's talking projects. My next paint brush just may have a 4 inch width!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A 2,000 Corvette from Testors/Burago (and me). . . (pics) by David Holcombe #27552
I just ordered this amongst many other 1:43 from the Bay (EOM) by Tom Ciryak #27552.1
Go for it, Tom! And take a few pictures as you assemble them. I would by David Holcombe #27552.1.1
The guy next to the Forum43 booth on Sunday had some Corvette kits (racing versions)! For ... by Karl Schnelle #27552.2
Hi Karl....Probably already have the race versions. But thanks for the thought. by Tom Ciryak #27552.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone