Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Gregory Gunn
Posted On: Monday March 16, 2020 at 9:13 AM

One of the men that worked for Tucker in the Fabrication,Concept dept.All companies have one .said he was working on a convertible.When everything hit the fan with the Tucker Corp.,he was promised what ever was left from the dept.if the company should fold.It did and he held on to the car or pieces for a while,never did anything with the project ,sold it to someone else and it ended up much later with the IDA Brothers which finished the concept.I spoke with them.I also spoke with Michael Tucker and he said the family didn't believe it existed and would not endorse anyone making a model of it.Even the Tucker that we all know of isn't the Tucker that Preston Tucker really wanted to put in to production, but because of pressure and attacks by the big 3 had to come up with something.When the employee that worked in the Fab shop was interviewed and he said they were working on a convertible ,I believe him.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICs - From My Collection - '48 Tucker by John Merritt #27553
Now for the REAL question John: Are you a believer? by Christopher Moroni #27553.1
I believe it to be a fantasy as well. With everything going on just to build his car. by John Merritt #27553.1.1
I don't believe either...but I really want to! by John Kuvakas #27553.1.1.1
I am,Here is why------ by Gregory Gunn #27553.1.2
I've heard the same account. I don't think it's much of a stretch to consider it to be true. by John Kuvakas #27553.1.2.1
I too spoke to Michael (the Grandson) and he said the same, "It's BS" (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #27553.1.2.2
'48 Tucker Convertible by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27553.1.2.3
Did you REALLY debate adding either of those to your collection John? by BenD Lampson #27553.2
I was about five or six when my Dad took me down to the Tucker by Don Anderson #27553.2.1
Pic: My conversion of a Brooklin Tucker droptop by Jacques Roest #27553.3
Very nice. You did a great job. (EOM) by John Merritt #27553.3.1
Great work Jacques! (EOM) by John Roberts #27553.3.1.1
Nice work! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #27553.3.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone