Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Kuvakas
Posted On: Tuesday March 17, 2020 at 10:04 AM

Concerns for health and cautions on public gatherings made for a limited number fo folks attending the show. Still, there was a lot of product on display and we got to literally bump elbows with a ton of old friends while making some new ones as well. Weekends in Chicago have become a precious time to see our online friends face to face (even though few of them were covered by masks). So, while we may have hesitated to shake hands or give back slaps, we all had a great time getting caught up with each other and sharing the latest news in the hobby. Meanwhile, there were some great deals to be had!

Randy has covered the show pretty well, Here is what was going on the Forum 43 booth.

We've had a lot of help from our model makers and from Legacy Motors, not forgetting a slew of good folks from the Forum who show up to help out. For me, this is huge as the weekend can consume a lot of time and expense. When our makers and friends chip in, it makes it all worthwhile. Here are some of the models we had for sale.

Vlad Sorokolat has been an enthusiastic supporter of the shows. This time was no different. He's an incredibly talented builder and a great guy.

Brooklin has been hugely present for the last few shows. We get to see prototypes, some of their other B-to-B offerings we would otherwise never get to see, they send literature and always provide a show special. Amanda arranged for free shipping during the show. The offer is still good, email me if you would like the discount code.

We also had a great price on the new, large and heavy Brooklin Collector's Guide. Let me know if you'd like me to send you one.

Karl Schnelle rocks! He and Skip Johnson, Tom Kinney and Charlie Barnett were a huge help this weekend. Here, Karl watches over Goldvarg's prototypes, always a major attraction in the booth. We deeply appreciate Sergio's help with the shows. It's a major effort for him to send his models and we get a sneak preview of what's to come.

GLM is another manufacturer that goes out of their way to support us. It's always exciting to see what's coming and the makers value our comments and feedback.

What's a show wihout some humor!!

AutoCult/Avenue 43 have been most generous with their support. I'm not sure why but for some reason, we didn't get a picture of their offerings. Thomas sent us a selection of current releases to auction off for charity.

Not our usual crowd at 10 AM. But, we had a great time and will return in October.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

More Pics from Chicago, Sunday by John Kuvakas #27565
Great pics John.....can I ask what the soft cover books are next to the Brooklin guides? by BenD Lampson #27565.1
Those were the Brooklin brochures. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #27565.1.1
Thank you...how do I get one of those? (EOM) by BenD Lampson #27565.1.1.1
We had them for the show but we ran out. by John Kuvakas #27565.1.1.1.1
You might also check with Dominion Models in Virginia. Bob Hooper had by Rick Thompson #27565.1.1.1.2
Thanks to you both John and Rick (EOM) by BenD Lampson #27565.1.1.1.2.1
very tempting seeing all the pics (EOM) by Galen Laird #27565.2
The 10:00 is a stark reminder of the times we are in John. Thanks again re: the AutoCult. by Harvey Goranson #27565.3
No, traffic almost completely died shortly after you left. We raised $140 for charity. by John Kuvakas #27565.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone