Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Graeme Ogg
Posted On: Saturday March 21, 2020 at 5:08 PM

Well, quite so. Widespread acceptance or not, I've been doing a bit of it to keep the spirits up.

First arrival, based on a recent recommendation on the Forum, was the 1967 Chevy Impala 4 door by Greenlight, which wasn't extravagantly expensive at all but turned out to be a nice model.

I already had the 2 door hardtop by Truescale and they make an interesting contrast.

Also quite interesting to note the difference in the front end treatment. The "droop" at the front end of the hood/bonnet is much deeper on the Truescale, leaving less room for the grille, which looks a little too shallow and and seems to lean in too much at the bottom. The cheaper Greenlight actually has a more accurate and better-defined grille.

Next up (it only arrived this morning) was the '73 Pontiac Grand Am by Neo. The model has been around for a while but I only just got around to it. Whether you like it or not, it was a fairly bold attempt at a different look, both in the nose treatment and the shape of the back end.

I was quite surprised (and impressed) to see that the slats on the rear roof pillar have actually been done as a see-through grille, very neatly incorporated.

And the last piece of coronal displacement activity, which also arrived this morning, is the '58 Pontiac Safari wagon, again by Neo. It has already been shown and admired here but I make no apology for showing it again. Very handsome (even if I do normally hate turquoise on a car).

Ah well, excitement over for the moment, and we must get on with the business of survival.

p.s. Just did a search and found "coronatherapy" already exists. Damn. Another claim to fame just went down the tubes.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

[PICS] Coronatherapy by Graeme Ogg #27611
What a fun post ! Thanks Graeme. Nice models you've added to your collection. I like the conversion by Steve Jakubczak #27611.1
Hang in there, Graeme. You're spending all that time wisely, and we're all enjoying the results. (EOM) by David Holcombe #27611.2
well done Graeme, thanks (EOM) by Geoff Jowett #27611.3
Wonderful to see by Russ Rader #27611.4
Great post Graeme....love that Pontiac wagon......you'll get famous one day! (EOM) by BenD Lampson #27611.5
Forsooth, perhaps a chance to catch the black plague tonight, dear. (EOM) by Richard Nosker #27611.6
Grand Am by Charles Pleier #27611.7

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone