Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Karl Schnelle
Posted On: Sunday March 22, 2020 at 8:40 PM

Alfas and Alphas for Harvey, BenD, and Don and others ...
I went into my cabinets and dug out this triplet of old Alfas/Alphas. The red 106 is a Brumm from long ago that won the 1932 Mille Miglia! Notice the lack of details on the windshield and rad. Same for the interior. As Harv said, Brumm have come a long way. I think it's the same metal casting, though, as Harvey's.

Alfa entered four 8C 2300s in that race but there were 30 or 40 other Alfas there entered by privateers. The famous drivers DNF for the factory - Caracciola, Nuvolari, and my favorite Campari. But the 106 car did finish with Borzacchini / Bignami.

Here is a period photo with some nice Fiats or Lancias in the background!

source: http://www.grandprixhistory.org/mille_miglia_1932.htm

Back in day, Brumm also produced it as a street car!

And now to the Alpha! This is the same car bought years ago, labeled Alpha Romeo 2300 on the baseplate. In pewter by Tamerlane Collectibles... Never heard of them!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Alfas and Alphas for Harvey, BenD, and Don and others ... by Karl Schnelle #27625
Another 8C from Spark - 1931 Le Mans winner by Harvey Goranson #27625.1
So cool of Spark,,,,,, to avoid the A-word! (EOM) by Don Anderson #27625.1.1
Well spotted Don. (EOM) by Chris Sweetman #27625.1.1.1
Very nice Alphas and Alfas....thanks for sharing! (EOM) by BenD Lampson #27625.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone