Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Roberts
Posted On: Tuesday March 24, 2020 at 11:22 AM

I believe some or perhaps all these Ford Woodies were made by Western
for MoC. Western used an enamelling machine for headlight lenses and, of course, most lights are round. It's my guess that these were hand poured in resin and some have yellowed with age. Was there a dark green version of this model? I remember going to see Mike after he'd ceased production. He invited me to visit and collect any parts that I may like to have as he was clearing everything prior to moving to his retirement house in Taunton. Among the many part-finished models and body shells there were half a dozen of these Fords painted in dark green.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Being bored with this home confinement thing I decided to ditch the white walls by Curtis Parisi #27638
The blackwalls look real good on this model but what's up with those odd colored headlights ? (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #27638.1
It is the jem-like material they use for the lights....at an angle, they appear in different colors. (EOM) by BenD Lampson #27638.1.1
Mine are clear. I think they used an epoxy resin for the lights that yellows with light exposure. by Harvey Goranson #27638.1.1.1
I believe some or perhaps all these Ford Woodies were made by Western by John Roberts #27638.1.2
There was a light-medium green version. Never saw a dark. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #27638.1.2.1
There were just a few on a shelf - no wood or chrome bits... by John Roberts #27638.1.2.1.1
I have a maroon version that was given to me by the patternmaker by John Quilter #27638.1.2.2
There was a dark Yosemite Green version of the Western model. I don't by Curtis Parisi #27638.1.2.3
That's solved the mystery Curtis - thanks! I should have known by John Roberts #27638.1.2.3.1
I'm going to pretend that the car is an export to France with yellow headlights! (EOM) by Curtis Parisi #27638.1.3
Looks good. Very nice model. (EOM) by John Merritt #27638.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone