Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Curtis Parisi
Posted On: Tuesday March 24, 2020 at 12:41 PM

There was a dark Yosemite Green version of the Western model. I don't
know if Western made the Motor City version. Motor City never had a dark Green version only the Cloud Mist grey "light green". The wood body was entirely reworked for the Motor City version, much improved. I wish they would have put the rear license plate in the proper spot under the left tailight instead of the middle of the bottom of the tailgate. As for the light lens, I have some with clear lens and some not that I have got from ebay. UV will turn the lens and windshields yellow if exposed to outside light. I have clear UV protective film on my house windows where my models are kept.

Western Models version with rather crude wood.

Motor City version with improved wood castings

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Being bored with this home confinement thing I decided to ditch the white walls by Curtis Parisi #27638
The blackwalls look real good on this model but what's up with those odd colored headlights ? (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #27638.1
It is the jem-like material they use for the lights....at an angle, they appear in different colors. (EOM) by BenD Lampson #27638.1.1
Mine are clear. I think they used an epoxy resin for the lights that yellows with light exposure. by Harvey Goranson #27638.1.1.1
I believe some or perhaps all these Ford Woodies were made by Western by John Roberts #27638.1.2
There was a light-medium green version. Never saw a dark. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #27638.1.2.1
There were just a few on a shelf - no wood or chrome bits... by John Roberts #27638.1.2.1.1
I have a maroon version that was given to me by the patternmaker by John Quilter #27638.1.2.2
There was a dark Yosemite Green version of the Western model. I don't by Curtis Parisi #27638.1.2.3
That's solved the mystery Curtis - thanks! I should have known by John Roberts #27638.1.2.3.1
I'm going to pretend that the car is an export to France with yellow headlights! (EOM) by Curtis Parisi #27638.1.3
Looks good. Very nice model. (EOM) by John Merritt #27638.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone