Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Tuesday March 24, 2020 at 7:22 PM

David, The similarities are few and far between regarding the 1947 and 1948 Cadillacs. The bodies are completely new, with nothing being interchangeable, other than the chassis and engine. It wasn't until 1949, that the new OHV V8 was introduced. Even the dashboard is entirely different. It was quite a change that year for the Oldsmobile 98 also, which shared the body with Cadillac. Never the less, it was the first new GM body, after WWII.
Cadillac never made radical changes each year, but evolutionary changes, to keep it's identity. Being independents, Studebaker and Hudson were able to make a radical change after the war, since they had the money from war contracts, and didn't have to go through a big board of directors for each decision.
I find the 1948 Cadillac a rather attractive new car, definitely a post war design, with the trademark fins.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICs - From My Collection - '48 Cadillac by John Merritt #27646
These pics are much better than 'OOPs- wrong forum' ;-) (EOM) by BenD Lampson #27646.1
awesome John and I love the billboard (EOM) by Galen Laird #27646.2
The similarities of the basic body on this "all new" and the previous (pic) by David Holcombe #27646.3
I noticed that as well a few years ago at a car show. While they are all beauties, by John Merritt #27646.3.1
David if that change from '47 to '48 doesn't qualify as "all-new", I don't know what does! (EOM) by Barry Levittan #27646.3.2
1940's Cadillacs by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27646.3.2.1
Wow great sharp detail !! (EOM) by Phil Realmuto #27646.4
John, fabulous photos of the GLM 1948 Cadillac (EOM) by Raymond Paszkiewicz #27646.5
+1 !! (EOM) by Mark Sweeney #27646.5.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone