Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Sunday May 10, 2020 at 6:03 PM

The saga of the Jaguar Mark V, chapter the last (I hope). (pics)

This yellow Jaguar was the winter 2018 result of the English firm of Motorkits, white metal, and my efforts. I posted the results here on Forum 43 that March 1, knowing I was dissatisfied. Forum members were kind in their comments.

So a few months ago (September 13, 2019), I posted this bright blue version. It's the stripped and rebuilt yellow Jaguar. It was better but still just wasn't right. Again, comments were kind, especially when respected member John Roberts furnished the model's background. So a couple of weeks ago (I work not only slowly but also in odd moments and strange times), I started my third attempt. I hope this is the last.

This color is a very, very dark blue, and I retained the white wall tires for contrast.

I'm still not satisfied. As John Roberts suggested, this is an early casting, about 1975, and has several problems that are beyond my skills, particularly in the rear wheels/axle, the bumpers front and rear, and the wind shield (that's "wind screen" in English). But those huge and deep fender skirts do accomplish one thing- frustrating an overly active beagle.

Enough of this Jag. I'm already deep into my next project - a nice, quiet Ferrari Berlinetta. Stay tuned!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

The saga of the Jaguar Mark V, chapter the last (I hope). (pics) by David Holcombe #28030
And driven by a proper British country gent with his faithful pooch. (EOM) by Mark Lampariello #28030.1
This one looks fine to me in all three incarnations ! (EOM) by Mike DeTorrice #28030.2
Good looking model One of the better accurate Motorkits, well done (EOM) by Jacques Roest #28030.3
You've done a great job on this difficult to build early model David... by John Roberts #28030.4
Thank you, one and all. You have put a smile on my whole day. (EOM) by David Holcombe #28030.4.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone