Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Tuesday May 12, 2020 at 10:56 PM

A low-end success- Check out this 1969 Pontiac GTO. (pics)
Trying to accomplish something on these "stay at home" days, I was cleaning out some storage space and found this:

It seemed to have been carefully opened before, so I did it again, also carefully, and found a rather nice display case, which I also opened.

Take a look.

It has opening doors and hood, which some of us like.

The seal on the back window made me hunt a little.

In 1926 Oakland Motors (a division of General Motors) introduced the Pontiac as a lower series, but within a couple of years the Pontiac was more popular than its parent. In 1931 GM dropped the Oakland name and kept the Pontiac as that division. Add 75 to 1926 and you come up with 2001, Pontiac's 75th anniversary. Guess when Road Champs produced this "Anniversary Series"? Copyright date is 2001.

And did you notice the price in the first picture? This is not a car that seriously interested me, 1:1 or 1:43, but looking at it now, nineteen years or so after I purchased it, I'm kind of impressed with its quality. The metallic gold paint seems a little "large" in its sparkle, but I'm used to that in our models. I just checked the 'bay and found several like this one, and in other colors, at not much more than their original price. Enjoy!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A low-end success- Check out this 1969 Pontiac GTO. (pics) by David Holcombe #28046
$6.99 in 2001 is worth $10.22 today according to Google by John Quilter #28046.1
That’s really a nice model, David. Road Champs got the shape right on. by David Knight #28046.2
[PICS] Maybe even nicer in a more authentic GTO colour? by Graeme Ogg #28046.3
Sorry for my repeated subject, Graeme. I will try to check more closely. (EOM) by David Holcombe #28046.3.1
Well, it gave me a second chance to post some pics! (EOM) by Graeme Ogg #28046.3.1.1
Keep reposting - my memory is bad enough that 2 years ago is like forever! (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #28046.3.1.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone