Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Knight
Posted On: Saturday May 16, 2020 at 8:24 PM

1958 Buick Roadmaster 75 in Carlsbad Black: Brooklin and the original
For 1958, GM decided to apply chrome to the sides of the Buick with a spatula. The grille had no fewer than 160 little tiny chrome squares, yes count them on the Brooklin model too. People stayed away from Buick stores in droves. It was even too much excess especially during a recession in car sales. I have always loved the ‘58 Buick. A friend’s father who owned High Lawn Farm in Western Massachusetts had a black one just like this one.

Brooklin offered this very nice replica and even without the current level of chrome detail it is still a good model. Some collectors have added BMF chrome detail which admittedly does enhance the model. I also have the Brooklin model finished in Laurel Mist and today have located one in Silver. I look forward to it’s arrival.

Buick was once a proud name in cars. It was dubbed “the doctor’s car.” Now, Buick has abandoned the sedan market. Pity. I just love all the excess of that ‘58 Roadmaster.

(Photos of actual car credit: ClassicCarsBay.com)

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1958 Buick Roadmaster 75 in Carlsbad Black: Brooklin and the original by David Knight #28068
Pics: And here is the car finished in Laurel Mist, by David Knight #28068.1
Nice comparative photography, David. These pictures make me think... by Richard Nosker #28068.2
Pic: You are right, Richard, these cars do beg for the chrome detail. by David Knight #28068.2.1
Both colors are great. I need to get one in sllver. (EOM) by John Merritt #28068.3
Brooklin 1958 Buick by Chuck Rose #28068.4
Here's the Laurel Mist version with additional detail. by Harvey Goranson #28068.5
Harvey, yours is exactly the one I remember. It’s a beauty. by David Knight #28068.5.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone