Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Richard Nosker
Posted On: Monday May 18, 2020 at 4:27 PM

Nice work, David. That sure was a rough casting you had to work with.
I wonder if they would sell such a casting back in the day, or maybe put it aside for a couple decades? But you have saved it, with some additional work, and now it looks good. If you ever think to improve it more, I think the body could sit better down on those tires. Perfection is elusive. In fact, for humans, it's probably unobtainable.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

FERRARI 166MM BERLINETTA by Auto Replicas (& my fun) (pics) by David Holcombe #28075
Nice work, David. That sure was a rough casting you had to work with. by Richard Nosker #28075.1
Thank you for your kind words, Richard. After I put the model away, I saw your comment, and by David Holcombe #28075.1.1
Auto Replicas by Marius Woolley #28075.2
Thank you, Marius. I have dated this kit into the 1970's-80's, vaguely. Could by David Holcombe #28075.2.1
David - The October 1975 issue of Modellers World shows the Ferrari 166MM as a new issue. by Harvey Goranson #28075.2.1.1
many thanks, Harvey. Your dating really helps me understand this model. (pic) by David Holcombe #28075.2.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone