Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Knight
Posted On: Monday May 18, 2020 at 5:23 PM

Pics: Another 1970 Ford F-100 in Pinto Yellow/White from Greenlight
This Greenlight Ford F-100 in Pinto Yellow and White arrived today. The pictures don’t do justice to the model as the yellow is a much closer match to the actual truck shown.

There was one problem with the model and it had to do with its placement in the display case. The two Phillips head screws holding the model to the plinth were so tightened that I was unable to remove the truck from the plinth. I tried several Phillips head screwdrivers to loosen the screws with no success. I finally resorted to using a small hack saw to cut through the screws being very careful not to damage the truck or break the mirrors by holding the model while sawing. It worked. I have a black and white one coming. Hope that will not have the same problem. Have any of you had a problem with models being too tightly screwed to the plinth? It’s a nuisance! Nice little truck though.

Actual truck from photos of inventory of Gateway Classic Cars

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics: Another 1970 Ford F-100 in Pinto Yellow/White from Greenlight by David Knight #28076
i have had the same problem with an old greenlight by Michel Gouverneur #28076.1
I have had this problem over the years with a variety of models by Bob Jackman #28076.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone