Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Frank Racibozynski
Posted On: Wednesday May 20, 2020 at 2:54 PM

PICS--A simple inventory approach works well for me.
Since I hate to work with massive spreadsheets or fill in detail setup forms, this is what I've been doing for at least 15 years. Using a Windows computer, I copy a picture of the model off the seller's web site or ebay. I save it to a folder that I named "Model Car Inventory" and consistently name the pictures with the following information. After you've named the pictures and closed the folder, the models will be in manufacturer order the next time you open the folder. I have over 300 models organized this way.

Model Manufacturer & Model#--Conquest No.6
Car manufacturer & year--1957 Imperial 4dr HT
Color--ruby red & grey
Paid/recent selling price, source & date-$187.50+$8.62 S&H, sold ebay 2-2020

Periodically as I see big changes in pricing either up or down, I adjust the value and source information. If I didn't have a picture of the car when I bought it, I copy a similar one when it appears online. Of course you can also use your own photos.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICS--A simple inventory approach works well for me. by Frank Racibozynski #28092
Very nice and well organized. But for me photographing all by John Quilter #28092.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone