Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Wednesday June 17, 2020 at 2:17 AM

Has anybody ever seen the Minimarque Hupmobiles....
or the South African sedan.I have the Brooklin sedan, which has been out for a long time. I kept up with Minimarque for a long while, as I was friends with Richard Briggs, and can't remember him ever speaking of a Hupmobile.
I think the 1934 thru 1936 Aerodynamic Hupps would make neat models. Not many of these are around, because they did not sell very well and where would you get any parts in restoring one.
The 1938 Hupp is very rare, and at the same time so nondescript that there would be no desire for a model.
One of the reasons the 1938 thru 1941 Skylark and Graham Hollywood did not suceed was that they could not be mass produced. There was much handwork involved in building the bodies, These two cars were basically the same.
Cord had the same problem, so there was no reason to believe it would be any different with using these dies.
There is a NEO Graham Hollywood at American Excellence.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

One I've never seen in 1:43 scale (or any other!) PIC by David Holcombe #28249
At least 4 Hupmobiles were modeled in 1:43... by Lloyd Mecca #28249.1
Has anybody ever seen the Minimarque Hupmobiles.... by Raymond Paszkiewicz #28249.1.1
The Brooklin 1941 Hupp Skylark sedan, BRK No. 52, (pic) has been by David Holcombe #28249.1.1.1
I saw the car you posted in the 1st photo in person. It was a beauty, and I'd love one in 1:43. (EOM) by John Merritt #28249.2
When I was a car crazy kid in the '50s, I was all agog with the wrap around by David Holcombe #28249.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone