Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Graeme Ogg
Posted On: Tuesday June 23, 2020 at 1:13 PM

[PIC] Spark did the '65 version (hidden headlamps)
Tidy enough model apart from the A pillars which look too heavy, or have too many conflicting bits of brightwork, and the brightwork on the header rail looks slightly too low in relation to the side window trim. I seem to remember one or two people - including myself - commented on that when the model appeared, From some angles (and in some colours) it almost gives the impression that the windscreen/windshield is slightly too wide for the body, although it doesn't look TOO bad in the black one shown here.

Another good version of this classic design would always be welcome.

And by the way I would also welcome a '66 Riviera with the original grille. Neo did a nice Riviera but with the later facelift (68?) which I found less attractive than the "pure" original version (others may disagree)

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1963 Buick Riviera by Franklin Mint by Galen Laird #28282
Great model and great shot (EOM) by Jacques Roest #28282.1
I enjoy mine too. I would also like a new one with current levels of detail. (EOM) by Mark Lampariello #28282.2
Time for a resin update... by Robert Jacobs #28282.3
Would make a nice Goldvarg model! by Harvey Goranson #28282.3.1
MiniMarquee made a passable version quite some time ago. by John Kuvakas #28282.3.1.1
Dear Harv, does Spark has the 1963 Riviera already? (EOM) by Sergio Goldvarg #28282.3.1.2
[PIC] Spark did the '65 version (hidden headlamps) by Graeme Ogg #28282.3.1.2.1
63 was the best Riviera for styling IMO. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #28282.3.1.2.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone