Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: Clifford Read
Posted On: Tuesday June 23, 2020 at 5:02 PM

(PICS) NEO's Vintage tractors now with some added appropriate vintage trailers
In the last few years, Neo has made a variety of well detailed vintage tractors in more than one scale, but their only trailer that I’m aware of has been an unusual ‘off-road looking’ double dump ‘b-train’ trailer.
I’ve really enjoyed many of Neo’s choices of vintage tractors and decided to apply vintage trailers from other manufacturers, or in the case of the two Diamond T tractors, modify some really old Aurora plastic kit trailers to suit.

The blue ’55 Diamond T sleeper-cab model, below, now uses a modified Aurora 30’ reefer with improved wheels and detail. I’ve also added the necessary glad-hand connections using fine wire.

The red ’55 Diamond T day-cab tractor, below, uses a 35’ tanker trailer, much modified, detailed, and lengthened from an Aurora tanker kit introduced in the mid ‘50s. I’ve also added air and electrical connections using fine wire

An example of Aurora’s original trailer kit shape as produced in the the mid ‘50s

The two tone blue ’60 Mack H673-ST cab-over now uses a DCP vintage 40’ van trailer.

The gold Dodge CNT950 ‘Big Horn' is hooked to a 40’ Wilson livestock trailer

The mid to late ‘50s International DC405 ‘Hi-Binder’ uses a DCP 40’ reefer. A lot of time was spent on this tractor painting out a plethora of plating 'bling'. The truck that was used as the measurable example must have been considerably 'over-restored' with accessories.

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(PICS) NEO's Vintage tractors now with some added appropriate vintage trailers by Clifford Read #28300
I like those trucks ( tractors), well photographed (EOM) by Jacques Roest #28300.1
Great work Clifford! (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #28300.2
Really outstanding work! (EOM) by Ted Weller #28300.3
I agree 101% and thanks for posting all the great pics. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #28300.3.1
Cliff, your talent and enthusiasm to create & modify replicas of all scales is unmatched! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #28300.4
Those are really nice trucks. I've not seen any of these tractors before. by John Merritt #28300.5
That's quite a nice collection of vintage highway tractors by John Quilter #28300.6
Clifford, very neat tractor trailers. Beautiful workmanship..... by Raymond Paszkiewicz #28300.7
So much talent on this Forum, always something stunning to see (EOM) by Mark Lampariello #28300.8

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone