Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Kuvakas
Posted On: Thursday June 25, 2020 at 1:10 PM

But there's been no indication that GLM or Brooklin is ignoring critique nor do they seem to be contemptuous of their clients. I know there have been some makers in the past that were hard to get along with. But, I can think of only a very few current makers that aren't trying to listen.

I know the folks at GLM, Esval, AutoCult, Brooklin and a handful of others read Forum 43 and listen to the comments. Sometimes they can respond, at others, it's too late in the product cycle. Sometimes a model is what it is. Our buying decision should be based on the final product. If we don't like it, we shouldn't buy it. IF we decide against buying, we should be careful how we offer up our critique. I'm not saying to keep silent. But I am saying we should consider our response carefully and respectfully.

But when one collector says he likes the model and it looks fine while another blows up a detail to ten times its size and points an error out as some indicator that the maker is trying to get over on us or taking advantage or somehow lacking in their approach, no one wins. The new owner feels put down, the maker really has no way to defend himself and the one who made the accusations moves on to the next model hopelessly trying to find perfection there.

My main point is this: a little respect and a more judicious choice of words, at times, can be more effective than being harsh and making accusations.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A word about our input to the manufacturers by John Kuvakas #28308
I agree, but more and more I am returning to the earlier years of by David Holcombe #28308.1
Wise words, John. (EOM) by Mark Sweeney #28308.2
I would generally agree. Constructive criticism is better than name-calling. However ... by Graeme Ogg #28308.3
Totally agree Graeme and the other way is by silent criticism and that is …. by Chris Sweetman #28308.3.1
That's always been my philosophy Chris. by Mike Coupe #28308.3.1.1
I agree with you, Graeme. by John Kuvakas #28308.3.2
Unfortunately, that buying decision depends on reviews and comments as ... by Chris Sweetman #28308.3.2.1
Objectivity is absolutely necessary and needed. by John Kuvakas #28308.3.2.1.1
Here I agree with John. How we communicate what we want should by Don Anderson #28308.3.2.1.1.1
+1...Correct Don...I am a model hoarder!!! (EOM) by BenD Lampson #28308.3.2.1.1.1.1
It seems to me that generally our comments are reasonable and by Jack Dodds #28308.3.2.1.2
that s why i love much this forum with forumers of quality by Michel Gouverneur #28308.3.3
Absolutely great points on all sides....well said John. (EOM) by BenD Lampson #28308.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone