Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: BenD Lampson
Posted On: Thursday June 25, 2020 at 4:16 PM

And now a post about a model crafter you rarely read about, but their models are everywhere (pics)
I would like to give an attaboy to SMTS....a model crafter that is rarely mentioned but builds beautiful white metal models for Conquest/Madison models, Western models, and various others, while also manufacturing their own line of incredible models.

I am a big fan of the late 1960's to early 1970's Trans Am racing, and only SMTS produces these models in white metal.

I saw their Chaparral 1970 Camaro kit for sale, but I already had both the Chaparral #1 and #2 cars from TSM, and wanted to build the Tony Delorenzo #3 car.

So I bought the Chaparral model kit and contacted SMTS and asked if I could buy the #3 decal kit from them for the Camaro kit I just purchased...they said I didn't have to purchase the decal kit, but they would just put the decals for the #3 car in the model kit box before they shipped it...
and they did!

SMTS has shown me they have fantastic models, now they have shown me they have fantastic customer service.

And be on the lookout this summer for their all new 1971-72 AMC Javelins in street and Trans Am form!

And this is the desired outcome of the assembled model.
This is not my build...it is a SMTS built model.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

And now a post about a model crafter you rarely read about, but their models are everywhere (pics) by BenD Lampson #28310
Scale Model Technical Services by Marius Woolley #28310.1
This is well done, but did you assemble it yourself? Than you must be an artist (EOM) by Jacques Roest #28310.2
No Jacques, that last picture is a built model by SMTS... I just posted the pic for reference.(pics) by BenD Lampson #28310.2.1
Cross fingers for you, to achieve same result! (EOM) by Jacques Roest #28310.3
Thank you Jacques....Now I have 4 SMTS Trans Am models to build....that is a lot of finger crossing! by BenD Lampson #28310.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone