Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Thursday June 25, 2020 at 4:45 PM

1893 Duryea by Revell/Gowland (and me) - (pics)

I have enjoyed the Revell Highway Pioneers over the years since I was a young fellow in grade school; some things just don't change! But a couple of them evaded me, especially the 1893 Duryea. Finally a few weeks ago I found it, and I've been playing with it. The kit was made by the English firm of Gowland (sometimes Gowland & Gowland) and sold in the USA by Revell as the Highway Pioneers series. This one, the Duryea, is somewhat more fragile than most of them, and the plastic construction is sometimes slightly warped, susceptible to breaking, and perhaps a challenge to those of age extremities (at either end of the scale!)

And here is my favorite part of the good instructions sheet, being #18 below:

I hope you enjoy it, despite its large size. But count your blessings: Franklin Mint made a similar Duryea in 1:8 scale! I haven't found one in our beloved 1:43, so here's what I have:

(The dog was not part of the kit. He just shows up now and then.)

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1893 Duryea by Revell/Gowland (and me) - (pics) by David Holcombe #28312
I remember buying one of these from a model shop in Chesterfield by Mike Coupe #28312.1
Awesome David! (EOM) by BenD Lampson #28312.2
Good job on the Duryea model David. That is one of by Ken Smith #28312.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone