Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Clifford Read
Posted On: Tuesday June 30, 2020 at 1:45 PM

For me, The various resin models have completely superseded white-metal.
I couldn't care less about the weight of my models.... Detail, proportion, and fidelity are my only concern. I still see most white metal models, although much improved over the ones a few years ago, are usually lacking in proportion as well as crisp finish. Resin just changed the game entirely.
I realize that there'll always be the stalwarts who prefer the 'heft' of white metal and, that's fine also.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

With the detail that low production limited edition white metal models offer these days, by BenD Lampson #28336
I agree with your buying process, Ben. I'm pretty much the same. by John Kuvakas #28336.1
BenD I basically agree with your buying habits and I too by Bob Jackman #28336.1.1
Bob, the Victory models are second to none in my opinion! I have only one and it sits center in my by BenD Lampson #28336.1.1.1
This Studebaker is really special, BenD. Thanks for posting it. (EOM) by David Holcombe #28336.1.1.1.1
Always my pleasure David...I had better pics but I must have mistakenly deleted them, by BenD Lampson #28336.1.1.1.1.1
Is diecast zamak the unwanted stepchild here? by Harvey Goranson #28336.2
Not an unwanted stepchild for me! by Karl Schnelle #28336.2.1
No aversion to diecast models for me, bring 'em on. (EOM) by John Quilter #28336.2.2
PICs not for me ………... by Chris Sweetman #28336.2.3
Harvey...is that Premium X Challenger resin or diecast? ....I thought they were resin. (EOM) by BenD Lampson #28336.2.4
I'm pretty sure it's diecast. The number is PRD408J and... by Harvey Goranson #28336.2.4.1
BTW, the AutoArt Miata in the first pic came from the Dick Browne collection. by Harvey Goranson #28336.2.5
For me, The various resin models have completely superseded white-metal. by Clifford Read #28336.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone