Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Sharisky
Posted On: Tuesday July 21, 2020 at 4:28 PM

I attended a vocational high school (north of Boston, MA). I took auto body. Senior year...*PIC*....
...(1978) we students were allowed to work on our own cars. I stripped and repainted my Cadillac in the same shade of blue.

The only rust repair I made was just above the port side left rear fender skirt.

Before school ended, I was allowed to repair my Mom's beautiful '76 Olds Cutlass Salon coupe. It had been lightly vandalized.

As usual, Mom special ordered the Cutlass. This photo was taken the day we took delivery: December 24, 1975. We drove from the dealer to visit my Grandma in East Cambridge, MA.

Hosted on Fotki

(the "vanity" Massachusetts plate was my idea)

I loved my Cadillac. Still do. However It was getting harder to justify the consistant 8mpg (miles per gallon). Now working full-time, I purchased my first new car: a '79 Mazda 626 coupe. It was an early version with little chrome trim. I first saw the new 626 on the cover of Road&Track magazine.

I've mis-placed some Polaroid SX70 photos of my Mazda.

I was 18 when I purchased my first new car. My dad was 44 (a '62 Ford Fairlane). Times change.

Thanks for looking!

John

jsharisky@comcast.net

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Future Kess: 1971 Oldsmobile 98 four-door hardtops in two colors...*2 PICS*... by John Sharisky #28453
I guess it'll hit the market right after the '60 DeSoto;) (EOM) by Barry Levittan #28453.1
Or possibly even before it. (EOM) by Graeme Ogg #28453.1.1
I remember the green one, it was a popular color choice. (EOM) by Brian Cox #28453.2
Love those 70s luxo-barges. This one is better looking than some, by Mark Lampariello #28453.3
A 17-year old me with my first car: a then 5-year old '72 Cadillac Coupe de Ville...*PIC*... by John Sharisky #28453.3.1
A classy guy! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #28453.3.1.1
You were a lucky kid! by David Crowe #28453.3.1.2
Darned right he was! So, did you wash 'n wax it every week? Built up some arm strength I'll bet! lol (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #28453.3.1.2.1
Actually, I repainted it. See below. (EOM) by John Sharisky #28453.3.1.2.1.1
5yr old Cadillac ? Looks to be in great shape..not in the 'rust belt'? (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #28453.3.1.3
I attended a vocational high school (north of Boston, MA). I took auto body. Senior year...*PIC*.... by John Sharisky #28453.3.1.3.1
Babe magnet! (EOM) by Mark Lampariello #28453.3.1.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone