Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Knight
Posted On: Saturday July 25, 2020 at 9:36 AM

Brooklin 1958 Chevrolet Yeoman finished in Anniversary Gold/Honey Beige by John White
Back in 2009 when Brooklin released the Silver Blue Chevy Yeoman wagon, John White did a small run of the Yeoman wagons in the popular paint scheme of Anniversary Gold/ Honey Beige. This limited run was sold through Bob Hooper at Dominion Models in Salem, Virginia. This car was purchased by Rick Thompson in September of 2009. I have just purchased the car from Rick. It arrived yesterday.

For comparison, I show it with a 1958 Brookwood wagon in the same color scheme. The Yeoman was the entry level series. The Brookwood was the mid-level series. The Brookwood had a bit more chrome and the two-tone treatment called for a top that matched the lower bode whereas the Yeoman had the contrasting color on the lower body only. John White did a beautiful job detailing these two-tone versions. I don’t know how many of these he did but it was a very limited run. I am thrilled to have this one.

The bottom image is a page from the sales brochure of Chevy wagons for ‘58.

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Brooklin 1958 Chevrolet Yeoman finished in Anniversary Gold/Honey Beige by John White by David Knight #28476
Great story wonderful pictures. (EOM) by Shel Platt #28476.1
Pic-Nice acquisition David. I like this two tone painted. by Michel Lemieux #28476.1.1
It isn't easy to part with some of these models, Michel, but I am determined by Rick Thompson #28476.1.1.1
I agree with you down the line, Rick. The Yeoman is in good hands. by Michel Lemieux #28476.1.1.1.1
Absolutely, Michel. A number of them are replicas of 1:1 cars I've owned, by Rick Thompson #28476.1.1.1.1.1
Pics-What is extraordinary it is than the BRK Chevy Yeoman roof has been used by J.R. by Michel Lemieux #28476.1.1.1.1.1.1
I’m just glad I passed the background check qualifying me to be the new owner of this car. (EOM) by David Knight #28476.1.1.1.2
Lol. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #28476.1.1.1.2.1
;-) (EOM) by Michel Lemieux #28476.1.1.1.2.1.1
Pics: Found a closer match, an actual Yeoman in the same color scheme by David Knight #28476.2
Pics: Here my Yeoman goes on holiday by Jacques Roest #28476.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone